Weather has foiled what was to be (in my mind at least) my dramatic come back. The clouds were just too low. I was already most of the way out there when my instructor said the clouds weren’t lifting like forecasted. She said she had 2pm open if I wanted to take it. I thought about it, I’d have to figure out how to kill 4 hours out in the middle of nowhere, and also take a train from the far station (2 miles instead of 1 mile walk). I looked at the weather and it was gusting to 20 knots around then so I decided against it. I really want to just practice landing in calm winds, I think that’s what I need right now instead of fighting against the plane.
Now just to wait for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with 2 4 hour blocks scheduled and one regular lesson scheduled. I’m hoping for the best but my phone weather isn’t looking too nice. But then again, it has predicted rain the past few days as well but it has avoided where I was.
The weather has been such a frustration this whole process, I know those of you who read this have heard non-stop about it and probably getting sick of it. I’m definitely getting sick of it. It makes me almost want to consider going into accelerated training somewhere with perfect weather like Florida or Arizona to finish this up in July. I’m not sure if I’m at that point yet or if it would be the right decision, but I think the seed is planted.