So, pretty cool that another blogger nominated me for an award. It’s not a traditional award, where you get nominated and then a committee votes and there is one winner. It’s kind of like a chain letter award, but better than a chain letter. You get nominated by a blogger, and you answer questions/ask questions and nominate 11 others (I’m not sure why 11 is an important number in this) and can’t nominate others who have been before. It’s fun to know at least someone likes my blog enough to do that! Thanks Compass Prose! I like the opportunity to promote other bloggers with less than 200 followers as well (and you bet it’s almost 100% aviation related).
First thing I have to list 11 random fact about myself:
1. I have pretty bad allergies to about everything (trees, animals, dust, etc.) so I get 4 shots every week to build up my immunity to them.
2. I live with my boyfriend and we have two cats – Propeller (Prop for short) and Mayday, they are both orange tabby cats found around airports.
3. I love being crafty and have created many decorations around our apartment, many are aviation themed.
4. I use to be a competitive Irish Dancer in high school, I have over 100 medals/trophies.
5. My favorite musical is Cats and it’s the first show I saw on Broadway when I was 10 years old.
6. I wear 4 pieces of jewelry every day: a Claddagh ring I got in Ireland, another ring, a bracelet with a Celtic knot, and a necklace with a Trinity and pearl. (The last 3 my boyfriend gave me, he says he’s done with jewelry now)
7. I have two favorite places in NYC: the Intrepid (their planes are so cool) and Lincoln Center. They represent both things I love in my life.
8. I’ve spent two separate summers studying acting at Yale University and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
9. I took a class to get over my fear of Shakespeare and ended up loving it. I wrote my Bachelor’s thesis on Shakespeare’s Hamlet but my favorite play is The Tempest.
10. I know how to juggle.
11. I’ve taken lessons to play: guitar, drums, piano, and violin. I can’t play anything.
Then answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated me:
1. If you could go back in time to alter one event what event would it be?
I have to be lame and say nothing. Mainly because I’ve read Edward Lorenz work about The Butterfly Effect and wouldn’t want to mess with anything!
2. Who is your hero and why?
I hate when people ask this because I never know! I could always say my mom but that’s cliche. Maybe some writer? I googled “Who is a good hero?” and came up with Hector from “The Iliad” because he fights for the love of his family and nation and is the purest character in the conflict. I’ll go with that!
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
Coca-Cola, I always try to quit, but I just can’t stop drinking it.
4. If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
Potatoes, without a doubt. You can cook them tons of ways and when I was studying in Ireland I ate them for two meals a day for 5 weeks and never got tired of them.
5. What would your super power be?
Super memory, I have a pretty good memory already, but I’d love a memory like that one girl in “Heroes”
6. If you could interview someone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Gary Oldman, mainly because I absolutely adore him as an actor. He just seems brilliant.
7. If the end of the world was inevitable, and you had to choose how it was going to end, what would you ‘want’ and why?
Zombie Apocalypse, yeah it’s the scariest and I probably wouldn’t live long but I’d want to try to kick some butt before I died.
8. If you could speak any other language instantly what would it be?
I’m learning French, so that would be an obvious answer, but I think I’d go with Russian. I’d love to speak another language with another alphabet as well.
9. Favorite ice cream flavor?
I’m boring and it’s chocolate. It’s a classic, can’t argue with that.
10. Favorite thing to do when you are sad?
Watch bad reality TV and realize how much of a mess my life isn’t.
11. If you had to choose another name for yourself, what would it be?
Cessna Chick 😛 My mom told me my name was almost Sasha, which I kind of like that name.
And ask 11 questions of the 11 blogger’s I’ll nominated:
1. What has been your toughest achievement?
2. If you had to watch a movie over and over again, what would it be?
3. Would you rather live without A/C or without heat?
4. What is something you regret doing or not doing?
5. What is something you’re terrified of doing?
6. If you could pick one skill to master, what would it be?
7. What is something silly you do all the time?
8. Least favorite chore and why?
9. Favorite animal and why?
10. Last book you read?
11. Do you collect anything?
Lastly, nominate 11 other bloggers for the award: