Wow, I can’t believe 2016 is here already. Happy New Year! As always, it’s nice to do a check in with my Goals for 2015 and what I accomplished and didn’t accomplish and set my Goals for 2016!
1. Travel – I say yes I accomplished this. We went to Belgium for our big international trip. I did a day trip to Seattle to spend an overnight with Jake. I did a long cross country from Kentucky to Virginia and back, and technically flew to San Diego and Vegas for my flight deck observation flights. The biggest thing was driving across the country for our move. Okay, I could improve upon it for next year!
2. Read a book a month – Did I read a book a month? Not quite sure. Have a read more than 12 books this year? Yes! So I mark this as accomplished!
3. Get Published – Okay this I really slacked on. I wrote some drafts of articles I’d like to get published but just got kind of stuck and then all uptight about sharing it. Definitely need to fix this in the New Year.
1. Earn my glider add-on – Didn’t get this accomplished, didn’t even solo. I have a lot of opinions on clubs now from this experience. Their schedule just didn’t work with mine and that was a real hindrance. It wasn’t really made for people with odd schedules and who have to work weekends!
2. Get tailwheel endorsed (Completed 5/4/15) – I LOVE tailwheels, if I could fly them all the time I would!
3. Take an aerobatics lesson (Completed 1/28/15) – And I also LOVE aerobatics now. I want to continue down this path and would love to compete in an aerobatics competition one day, but with other goals and ratings I’m not sure which takes priority.
Overall, 4 out of 6 isn’t terrible. Better than the previous year! I believe the goals should be achievable, but pushing yourself. Now onto 2016:
Goals for 2016
1. Write more – I’ve been terrible keeping up with the writing and it sucks! So I’m trying to hold myself more accountable this year and will continue to write.
2. Learn an instrument – By Christmas this year, I want to be able to play “What Child is This?” by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I loved rocking out to that song this Christmas and it seems fun to play!
3. Run a 10K – I’ve been trying to do this for awhile but the closest I’ve gotten is 5 miles. I’m back down to 2-3 miles when I run so trying to work my way back up.
1. Take Instrument written test – I’m breaking this down into more manageable goals. First, just get the written out of the way! I’ve started and close to finishing the Instrument Procedures Handbook and then after that will begin studying for the written.
2. Earn Instrument Rating – It’s finding the time for this, but I want to get it done by June!
3. Possibly another rating, but we’ll see after I get my instrument!
I look forward to writing more this year and I really want to work more on making other PDFs like my airspace one for everyone learning!